3PL and Fulfillment, Warehousing, Pick and Pack, Inventory Management Services
If you are looking for a long term fulfillment partner who offers flexibility and unique solutions to customer requirements contact Lansdale Warehouse at 215-855-8460 or email to: email@example.com
What is a 3PL and why would I consider letting someone else manage my inventory?
Third Party Logistics (3PL) is when a company provides outsourced logistics services to client companies for their supply chain management functions. eCommerce marketplace growth is dictating and causing retailers, distributors, wholesalers, and manufacturers to rethink their global supply chain needs.
What are some of the benefits of utilizing a 3PL?
- Lower Capital Investment – Reduce or eliminate the need for capital outlays for new warehouse and fulfillment facilities and order and warehouse management systems.
- Reduced Cost Per Order – Offer a lower cost per order when compared to internally managed operations.
- Faster Fulfillment Times – Provide regional distribution so that you can deliver orders more timely to your customers.
- Time and Resource Allocation – Allows your company to concentrate management time on marketing, merchandising, and ecommerce. Transportation, logistics and fulfillment typically may not be core competencies for your company, utilizing a 3PL to manage these activities allows you to focus your time and resources on your core strengths.
- Scalability for Peak Seasons – A 3PL is staffed to allow companies to successfully process customer orders without hiring additional staff or requiring greater internal capacity.
- Direct-to-Customer Shipping – Store-based retailers contract with 3PL partners to ship direct orders from their eCommerce marketplaces, rather than bring small-order pick/pack/ship into their distribution centers. Online retailers use 3PL partners to manage dual inventories for both Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) and direct-to-customer orders.
- Inventory Management – Services include receipt of goods into warehouses, physical inspection, tracking, serialization, re-packaging, labeling, scanning and confirming new receipts into your online inventory. Inventory is then placed in location. Both an online inventory control system and warehouse management system allows customers real time access to better manage their inventory and replenishment needs.
Lansdale Warehouse, established in 1958, is a family-owned 3PL business and is uniquely qualified to fulfill customers’ needs. The company is ISO 9001:2015 compliant/certified, offering choices of five (5) warehouse locations, all conveniently located within suburban Philadelphia, Pa. As one of the longest operating 3PL companies in the Mid-Atlantic region, Lansdale continues to adapt to changing market conditions and solve customers’ warehousing, fulfillment pick and pack and shipping requirements.
Its warehouse facilities include over 600,000 square feet of storage capacity in five centrally located facilities. All of our locations provide:
- Controlled environments with advanced sprinkler, fire prevention, and security systems
- Rack storage, including specialized racks for small item storage
- Material handling equipment for a wide variety of products and packaging, including roll paper, carton clamp, slip sheet
- Pick-Pack operations
- eCommerce, B2B, and B2C fulfillment services
- Fully-licensed storage and transportation of alcoholic beverages
- RF inventory control, cycle counting
- Compliance labeling
- Contract warehousing
- Extensive rail and truck service
- Online access to inventory
- X12 4010 transactions: 210, 214, 812, 846, 850, 856, 870, 940, 941, 942, 944, 945, 947
- Custom flat file formats (CSV, etc.) designed to your specifications
- Traditional VAN, AS2, direct FTP/SFTP communications
Growing from a traditional 3PL warehouse and storage company, Lansdale offers a complete complement of services to satisfy customer needs for the “last mile.”
The company’s service offerings include e-Commerce, Pick and Pack, Fulfillment, Kitting and Shipping; from pallet in – pallet out, to small box shipments for daily parcel pick-up. The company offers a single source solution to manufacturers, distributors, brick and mortar retailers and business to direct to consumer marketers.
3PL fulfillment may be the last segment in the supply chain, but it has a major impact on how customers perceive your company. The fulfillment packer is the last person to touch your product(s) before your customer receives their package. Delivering the right product, to the right person, at the right time is crucial to your business success. The Lansdale Warehouse team gets it!
Packaging and Fulfillment
Lansdale Warehouse’s Packaging and Fulfillment Services are designed to get the right product to your customer on-time, period. Lansdale responds to its customers’ needs and dynamically changing market requirements. Using state of the art technology to pick, pack, label and fulfill orders, Lansdale has the experience, handling many industries and related products. They utilize mobile barcode scanners to validate inbound inventory and outbound order fulfillment during the pick and pack process. Customers who have to get their products to their consumers from exercise equipment to chocolate covered almonds, rely on Lansdale’s white glove service and responsiveness. All customers have on-line, real-time access to their inventory. The company fulfills orders from customers websites and works with e-Commerce companies, including Amazon (FBA, Prime) and a host of shipping integrators who support their orders.
We offer multiple services for inventory management and replenishment purchasing. Services include receipt of goods into our warehouses, physical inspection, tracking, serialization, re-packaging, labeling, scanning and confirming new receipts into your online inventory. All inventory is then placed in location. The online inventory control system allows our customers, real time access, to better manage their inventory and replenishment needs.